Veteran actor Anil Kapoor’s son and Sonam Kapoor’s brother, Harshvardhan Kapoor made a grand debut with Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s film, Mirzya. However, the film could not live up to its expectations and failed to leave an impression on the audience.
But, this has not deterred the 25-year-old Harshvardhan Kapoor! He is still all praises for the film and believes that the film was not a good choice for all viewers. He said, “Well, obviously Mirzya didn’t do well at the box-office which is fine. It’s not a film for everybody. Every film has its own destiny. I feel Mirzya is a work of art. It is a beautiful film and it will find its place in course of time.”
He spoke about the failure of the film at length on the red carpet of the Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards on Saturday night and graciously accepted that not all films are meant for everyone. Harshvardhan also said: “… the audience is used to seeing newcomers presented in a certain way. I didn’t do any of the conventional things. In terms of look or the character, I kept a huge beard and played a rustic character. Moreover, the love story is explained through its music so there is a lot of new things for viewers to take.”
The film also marked the debut of its actress, Saiyami Kher and told the epic folklore of Mirza and Sahiba. On the work front, Harshvardhan Kapoor is now busy with the shooting of Bhavesh Joshi being directed by Vikramaditya Motwane.
Read More from Us
Latest posts by Arunima Aggarwal (see all)
- Deepika Padukone And Vin Diesel Will Steal Your Hearts - November 4, 2016
- Queen Fame Lisa Haydon Gets Married to Her Longtime Boyfriend Dino Lalvani In An Intimate Beach Wedding - November 1, 2016
- Farhan Akhtar Has Flatly Refused To Pay Any Money To Release His Production ‘Raees’ - October 31, 2016
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Take On Her Intimate Scenes With Ranbir Kapoor In Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Is Rather Interesting - October 30, 2016
- Koffee with Karan First Guest Officially Confirmed! - October 29, 2016