Delhi/Nabha: Harminder Singh Mintoo, the chief of Khalistan Liberation Front has been arrested by the Punjab Police in a joint operation conducted by the Delhi Police. The arrest took place at around 7:30 AM in the morning from the Central Delhi. One of the key prisoners that broke the high Security Nabha Jail has been arrested but reports suggest that he has been shifted to some unknown place and police are questioning him.
Here is how the incident happened.
– 11-12 Armed men came in four cars near Nabha Jail.
– They then parked the three vehicles and took an SUV and reached Nabha Jail Gate.
– 4-5 Members were in Police Uniform and they pretended that a criminal is being shifted to the Jail.
– They entered the Jail Premises and started firing.
– Harminder Singh Mintoo and four other criminals fled the spot under the bullet cover.
– Punjab Police in Joint Operation started raiding places near the border of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
– Finally, on Monday morning, Harminder Singh Mintoo was arrested.
– Other accused are still on the run.
This has raised serious questions over the jail security in India. Few high ranked officers have already been sacked by the Punjab Government and a SIT has been established to gather information about the jailbreak. The hunt for the others is still on.
Read More from Us