The MNS has been a threat for the Mumbai film industry for a very long time. And, after the Uri attacks, it became all the more menacing. MNS decided that all films that had Pakistani artists would not be allowed to release, which included Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Farhan Akhtar’s Raees.
As per the latest reports, producer-director-actor Farhan Akhtar has said that there is “no question of paying 5 crores to the army” as they have refused to take it. He was talking with regard to Karan Johar giving the amount to Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) leader Raj Thackeray which was chaperoned by CM Devendra Fadnavis for the safe release of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. He said that most people associated with the film industry were “law-abiding taxpayers” and so the state should protect them. However, this seems to have not gone down well with the MNS. When asked to comment on the situation, Ameya Khopkar, cine wing president of the MNS said that when the time will come for the film to release, they will decide what to do about the situation then.
Farhan Akhtar also stated his displeasure with Karan Johar for having given into the demand of the MNS and paying money. He said that it sent out a wrong message that Bollywood bowed down to people who threatened with violence.
Raees stars Shah Rukh Khan, Mahira Khan and Nawazzudin Siddiqui in lead roles and is all set to release in December 2016.
Read More from Us
Latest posts by Arunima Aggarwal (see all)
- Deepika Padukone And Vin Diesel Will Steal Your Hearts - November 4, 2016
- Queen Fame Lisa Haydon Gets Married to Her Longtime Boyfriend Dino Lalvani In An Intimate Beach Wedding - November 1, 2016
- Farhan Akhtar Has Flatly Refused To Pay Any Money To Release His Production ‘Raees’ - October 31, 2016
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Take On Her Intimate Scenes With Ranbir Kapoor In Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Is Rather Interesting - October 30, 2016
- Koffee with Karan First Guest Officially Confirmed! - October 29, 2016