Comedian-cum-actor, Kapil Sharma can finally heave a sigh of relief after many days! Recently, BMC had issued him a notice and ordered the demolition of his Goregaon house as some portions of it were built illegally.
He had moved court against the order saying that the notice was “bad in law” and had been issued with “mala Fide intentions”. The hearing took place before a division bench of justice Ranjit More and justice Anuja Prabhudessai. And, the Bombay HC has issued a stay on the same till November 23, 2016.
The actor’s plea stated that he had purchased a 1,000 square metre plot in Goregaon from Slide Developers in February 2010, on which an 18-storey building was constructed and he owns flat/s in the same. His plea also read: “In March and April 2010, the civic body issued commencement certificate granting permission to construct the building. On November 6, 2013, the corporation issued a Full Occupation Certificate. However, on November 14, 2014, an assistant engineer from the BMC’s building and factory department issued a notice claiming that a part of the building was illegal.”
Kapil Sharma had recently kicked up a storm when he tweeted to the PM Narendra Modi and told him that BMC had asked him for INR 5 Lakh as a bribe to construct another flat in Versova. However, it backfired on him when BMC said that his Goregaon building was illegal. The municipal body issued a notice to Sharma under section 351 of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation Act.
Kapil Sharma hosts the popular The Kapil Sharma Show on Sony TV. He won The Great Indian Laughter Challenge in 2007 and later went on to host the popular show Comedy Nights With Kapil.
Read More from Us
Latest posts by Arunima Aggarwal (see all)
- Deepika Padukone And Vin Diesel Will Steal Your Hearts - November 4, 2016
- Queen Fame Lisa Haydon Gets Married to Her Longtime Boyfriend Dino Lalvani In An Intimate Beach Wedding - November 1, 2016
- Farhan Akhtar Has Flatly Refused To Pay Any Money To Release His Production ‘Raees’ - October 31, 2016
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Take On Her Intimate Scenes With Ranbir Kapoor In Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Is Rather Interesting - October 30, 2016
- Koffee with Karan First Guest Officially Confirmed! - October 29, 2016