Ever since the Uri Attacks, there has been a growing voice of dissent among the Indian people on banning everything related to Pakistan. While the MNS has declared that it will not allow the films to release that star any Pakistani artists, the Cinema Owners and Exhibitors Association of India (COEAI) has outrightly said that single screens in four states in India will not screen Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. While many Bollywood celebs have voiced their opinion on the matter, some have refused to comment. However, Happy Bhaag Jaayegi actor, Abhay Deol, recently came out with the best reply to this whole controversy.
At the ongoing Mumbai Academy of the Moving Image (MAMI) festival, Abhay had the perfect response to the issue. He said:
“If you want to ban anything to do with Pakistan, then go the distance. Don’t just ban filmmakers. Why are you doing a half-hearted job? Ban the business dealings, the import, the export because when you do half a job no one will take you seriously. I don’t take the government seriously because they are only banning us from collaborating with artists. They are not banning businessmen from making business. So, if you really mean what you say, then go the distance. Then I will take you seriously. Right now it is not looking like you mean it, it just looks like it gets you a lot of publicity and makes a lot of noise. But really what is the point of it? I will support it if you think banning anything to do with Pakistan is going to help our jawans, fine. But I don’t see the whole distance. I see one little thing looked at and banned and another part being left. Sounds hypocritical to me.”
Abhay Deol was very clear with his ideology and made it clear.
Read More from Us
Latest posts by Arunima Aggarwal (see all)
- Deepika Padukone And Vin Diesel Will Steal Your Hearts - November 4, 2016
- Queen Fame Lisa Haydon Gets Married to Her Longtime Boyfriend Dino Lalvani In An Intimate Beach Wedding - November 1, 2016
- Farhan Akhtar Has Flatly Refused To Pay Any Money To Release His Production ‘Raees’ - October 31, 2016
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Take On Her Intimate Scenes With Ranbir Kapoor In Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Is Rather Interesting - October 30, 2016
- Koffee with Karan First Guest Officially Confirmed! - October 29, 2016